WE BUY BOOKS AND LIBRARIES
Orchid Books is always interested to purchase individual books or entire libraries of material within our area of interest, Asian studies.|
Material of interest to us may be near new (eg duplicate copies), used, out of print or antiquarian publications as follows:
• Western language material - primary interest will be books published in English
• books on East-, Southeast-, South- and Central Asian topics
• books on Himalayan studies - Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Ladakh, Sikkhim
• art, craft, history, culture, religion, language, politics, flora & fauna, geography
• early travel accounts, Asian mountaineering
• biographies and accounts of important Asian personalities and Asia scholars
• bibliographies and reference material on Asian studies
• selected old journal issues on Asian topics
• Asian communities overseas
• Asian indigenous publications, particularly old illustrated woodblock-printed books
or Asian indigenous maps (we are not generally interested in old Western maps
Not of Interest:
• books in overall poor or damaged condition (see further below)
• paperback fiction, travel guidebooks, books on areas outside of Asia, or Asian
Books must be in reasonable, salable condition for their age. Some moderate soiling, light pencil marginalia, light foxing, missing or tears in dust jackets, clean 'ex-lib' copies are acceptable.
Antiquarian books with damaged bindings but good interiors may be of interest.
Books with moulding problems or other damp damage, heavy ink marginalia, highlighting or underlining, damaged or missing pages are not of interest.
How to Proceed
Please write advising general area of focus of book(s) / library and quantity of books offered. We will consider your material wherever it is currently located. If the material is of interest to us, we will request further details.
This will include at least a list of all titles/authors offered, general details as to edition (soft-, or hardbound, original or reprint, date & place of publication), general idea of condition as well as expectations regarding selling price if available.
All serious enquiries will be reviewed and answered.